Sunday, March 31, 2013

Good weekend

The weekend was good, in terms of nutrition and exercise.

Friday I got out of work early, so I hit up BSC Copley and did a great shoulder and chest workout. I also did 30 minutes of jogging on the treadmill which I haven't done in over 1.5 years.

I took Saturday off, then hit back BSC Fenway tonight, Sunday.  I did an awesome and different leg workout, then did about 15 minutes of stairs.  I would have liked to do more stairs, but my legs were exhausted.

But I added things like push-ups between floors and it really ramped up the blood flow.  It felt awesome.

Jogging on the treadmill also felt awesome on Friday.

I've really been enjoying eating nutritious, clean foods.  I also enjoy these new vegan sausages that I put on my salads, very tasty and VERY satisfying.

Goals for this week:  Continue to eat clean, be careful with nuts and nut butters.  And continue to hit the gym hard and try perhaps some new moves.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I randomly ran across your blog last fall when I was prepping for my first figure competition. I had a tough bout of post-competition depression and weight gain too so I really understand. I finally got back in the routine, and am almost ready for my spring competition, and I'm so happy that you are blogging again.
    Your fellow vegan figure athlete from Boise, ID :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, that's basically the story of me, but I'm not currently prepping (though I battle it in my head that I should be because it was such a high training).

    I'd love to keep in touch, can you write me another comment (it pends publish) with your email address (I won't publish) I'd be curious to know more about your experience. The events in Boston last week threw me off, it's not an excuse, but I used it as an excuse. Sigh....

    ReplyDelete