Tuesday, September 20, 2011

So few fats, so many from which to choose!

I only get 2 servings of fat. A day. Sure, the other food I eat has small amounts, but other than that, I only get 2 teaspoons a day.

My favorite way to use them is in salad dressing. My Seven Seas Red Wine, Vinegar and Oil is my favorite dressing, and I never get tired of it. It tastes sooo good mixed in with my tofu salad and garlic chili sauce. I use this at lunch, especially at work. It's my favorite meal of the day.

However, I'm supposed to really be focusing on 3 main good fats: olive oil, coconut oil, and flax oil. The salad dressing is soybean oil, which is not terrible, but I want to get the flax oil in because I've always taken it and it helps my skin glow and remain moisturized.

So, with my salad, I really want something sweet on the dressing to offset the garlic chili sauce. So today I decided to use red wine vinegar mixed with some Equal. I mixed it up, and used that instead of salad dressing with my garlic chili sauce. Then, I have a teaspoon of flax oil.

The homemade dressing isn't nearly as good, but it does the job. Now that I'm fewer than 6 weeks away from a show, I need to make the best choices possible. I'm really watching my portions, more than ever. Despite being extremely low carb (3 days at 1/4 cup, 1 day at 1/2 starch, repeat), my energy has been surprisingly good.

My current favorite treat/veggie is 1/2 cup canned pumpkin microwaved until warm. Add in some allspice, a few drops of vanilla, and equal. Mixed all together, it tastes like pumpkin pie filling. Mmmmm, I have it in the morning with my Meal 1.

What I really notice these days is my stomach leaning out. I've never had such a flat stomach! It's nice that it doesn't jiggle, that it feels firm, and that I can see my ab muscles sort of showing through. It's really exciting, but scary too because I hope they continue to surface more!!

And now that the weather is changing, my post-workout clothing that I bring with me needs to change. I put my shorts back in the drawer and put in the past pair of jeans that I remember wearing back when I started to do this training. They fit snugly, but well, when I started.

I wore them after the gym today. They were falling off of me. It was comical. I kept having to hitch them up. Even zipped and buttoned... I can pull them off of my body... THAT is how much my body has changed.

So I pulled out the smallest pair of jeans that I have in my closet, Lucky Brand size 2. There was a brief period of time 2 years ago that they fit snugly, but well. And now.... [drumroll].... they're actually still too large, but they at least stay on my hips!!!

Satisfying? ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY!!!!

I'd also like to note that I spent a lot of time comparing my photo from June 28 to September 18.... just those two. When you take all those mid-progress photos, the disparity is even more apparent. I can't believe how good I look, and I can't believe I didn't think I could look like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment